An omelette is a fast, easy and healthy meal that can be as simple or gourmet as you want to make it. This recipe is a simple two-egg cheese omelette that anyone can master, even those who claim they can’t cook.
Perfect Omelette Recipe by Natasha’s Kitchen
The Best Cheese Omelette Recipe
Omelettes are the most requested breakfast in our house and 99% of the time we always have the ingredients in the refrigerator. They are:
- Quick – they take about 2-3 minutes on the stove
- Easy – It’s literally 4 ingredients including the butter and the cheese to make a basic omelette (my daughter’s favorite).
- No special tools are needed – you’ll just need a bowl, fork, small non-stick pan, and a flexible spatula for flipping.
- Kid-friendly – who can resist that cheese pull? We’ll sit around the table and see who can get the biggest cheese pull.
Ingredients for a Cheese Omelette
This is everything you’ll need for a simple cheese omelette (see more variations below).
- Eggs – we use large eggs, right out of the refrigerator
- Salt – just a pinch is plenty. We use fine sea salt which dissolves quickly.
- Butter – you want to keep a well-buttered skillet for each omelette. Butter adds flavor and keeps the omelette from sticking.
- Cheese – we love shredded mozzarella cheese (low moisture, part-skim), but you can use cheddar or your favorite cheese.
- Florentine Omelette – Sauteed mushrooms with chopped baby spinach leaves.
- Bacon and Cheese – Crispy air fryer bacon and melted cheese are a perfect match and so satisfying.
- Veggie Omelette -Try diced and sauteed bell pepper and onions, seasoned with a little salt and pepper.
- Garnishes – add a little freshness with chopped chives or parsley, halved cherry tomatoes, and diced avocado with a sprinkling of salt and black pepper.
Tips for Fluffy Cheese Omelettes
- Prep fillings ahead – since omelettes take just a few minutes to cook, make sure all of your filings and toppings are prepped before you turn on the stove.
- Foamy eggs – beat the eggs and salt with a fork until the eggs are foamy. The bubbles will give your egg more rise and become puffy as it cooks. My kids also love to use this hand-cranked egg beater for the fluffiest omelettes.
- Avoid pepper – since the black pepper doesn’t dissolve into the egg, it will pool at the bottom and give your omelet an ugly appearance. Save the pepper for sprinkling over the finished omelette if desired.
- Non-stick pan makes it easier to flip your (I love my 8-inch Hexclad pan because it’s not Teflon). You don’t need a fancy omelette pan.
- Reduce the heat – Once the eggs are in the pan, reduce the heat to low to give your eggs a chance to cook through without browning.
- Be patient – it’s tempting to crank up the heat for the omelette to cook faster but doing so will brown and ruin the eggs.
How to Make Cheese Omelettes
There’s nothing worse than an overcooked omelette. Follow these steps for moist and fluffy omelettes every time.
- Beat eggs – in a small bowl, combine 2 eggs and a pinch of salt then beat with a fork until frothy.
- Heat skillet – place a small non-stick pan over medium heat and melt in 1/2 Tbsp of butter. Once butter is melted and bubbly, add beaten eggs and reduce heat to low.
- Pull cooked eggs with a spatula into the center, allowing the liquid eggs to fill in the space. Watch the video tutorial above to see this process in action.
- Flip – once eggs are nearly set, the omelette slides easily on the skillet and you can get a spatula underneath, flip it over. Turn off the heat.
- Fold – add cheese and your favorite toppings, fold the omlette and slide it onto a plate to serve.
Common Questions About Cheese Omelette
What is an omelette?
Omelettes are an egg breakfast consisting of eggs that have been beaten, then cooked until set and folded over. American omelets are filled with cheese, veggies, and/or protein. French omelettes are just eggs and butter without a filling.
Can I Substitute the cheese?
Yes, you can use cheddar, Mexican cheese blend, or your favorite cheese for omelettes.
What is the correct spelling: Omelette or Omelet?
Omelette is the French and British English spelling and Omelet is the American English spelling. Both spellings are correct.
There’s a reason why these are the most requested breakfast in our home. Omelets are delicious and so satisfying, especially when made properly.
Other recipes you might like to try: Low Carb Skillet Pepper Steak, Mushroom Soup Cream, Keto Cauliflower Tortillas
Cheese Omelette Recipe
- 2 large eggs
- Pinch fine sea salt
- ½ tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella, low moisture, part-skim
- Fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- Sautéed mushrooms
- Crispy Air Fryer Bacon, chopped
- Sautéed diced bell pepper and onions
- Chives or parsley, chopped, to garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Baby tomatoes, halved
- Avocado, diced
- In a small mixing bowl, beat together eggs and a pinch of salt until foamy.
- Place a small nonstick skillet over medium heat and swirl in 1/2 Tbsp butter. Once butter is melted and bubbling, add frothy eggs to the skillet and immediately reduce the heat to low.
- Use a spatula to pull the cooked eggs into the center, letting the liquid egg fill the space behind it. Continue going around the pan, pulling the eggs towards the center until the eggs are nearly set.
- Once the omelette is sliding around the pan easily and you can get a spatula underneath, flip the omelette over and turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle cheese over the egg and add your favorite toppings. Fold the omelette in half and slide it onto your plate then garnish as desired.
coursework writing help
creative writing coursework ideas
coursework service coursework b science titles coursework
for high school coursework project
coursework verb coursework geography coursework cambridge design coursework
do my coursework for me coursework def knewton coursework coursework science
coursework subjects coursework for psychology degree coursework for bcaba coursework average calculator
coursework uitm coursework help university data analysis coursework coursework questions
coursework masters vs research masters differential equations coursework coursework introduction qmul coursework extension
Your article helped me a lot. what do you think? I want to share your article to my website: gate io
mature adult phone chat 100% free dating site in europe international dating https://onlinedatingsurvey.com/
online dating best sites best sites for online dating dating online chat and meet free dating websites singles
single website dating sites free chatting free
free free totally free dating site
online dating sites for free 100% dating relationships free dating sites without registering or fees best online dating website
dating for free tinder login dating sites free for men freedatinglive.com
discount essay writing service the essay writer are essay writing services
legal cheap custom essay writing
Reading your article helped me a lot and I agree with you. But I still have some doubts, can you clarify for me? I’ll keep an eye out for your answers.
how to write my essay essay proofreading service custom essay paper writing online custom essay writing service
best essay writer custom essay services essay writer generator best college essay editing service
online essay writing service review compare and contrast essay help help
with essays buy pre written essays
professional essay editing service essay services reviews essay writing service canada essay writer reviews
buy custom essay online pay you to write my essay best
custom essay site fast essay writing service
help me write an essay need help with essay best essay writer company cheap essay papers
%random_anchor_text% %random_anchor_text% %random_anchor_text% .
urgent essay help best admission essay editing service essay paper writing
help customer essay
cheap essay papers writing essays help i need help writing a compare and contrast essay custom my essay
where can i buy essays online custom essay writing toronto are essay writing services legal us essay writing services
order custom essay essay writing service online essay writing service canada the help essay
essay writers college admissions essay help which essay writing service is the best write my essay for money
write my essay for me can someone write my essay for me help me
do my essay write my essay custom writing
custom essay writing online automatic essay writer help writing grad school essay best writing service
college application essay writing service help with college essays buy essays online college essay writers block
help with my essay help with writing essays for college applications
what is the best college essay editing service help writing a descriptive essay
I enjoy your writing style truly enjoying this internet site.