These five-ingredient cheese meatballs are the low carb perfect appetizer or easy dinner recipe. Let’s get it prepared within no time!
Cheese Stuffed Meatballs Recipe by Healthy Recipes Blogs
We love making meatballs for dinner. We have quite a few meatball recipes on this blog. Although, they are easy, versatile (you can use different kinds of meats and seasonings), and everyone loves them – kids and adults.
These cheese-stuffed meatballs are extra delicious. There’s something about biting into a hot, well-seasoned meatball and finding the melty, cheesy center… it’s really, really good. Furthermore, the kids will absolutely adore the cheesy surprise!
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty recipe. Therefore, the exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
Ground beef: We like to use lean ground beef. Although using extra-lean ground beef and thought it was a bit too dry.
Cheddar cheese: We use sharp cheddar or even extra sharp for a nice flavor boost. 🧀
Kosher salt and black pepper: If using fine salt, you might want to reduce the amount you use.
Spices: Garlic powder and smoked paprika. Make sure your spices are fresh – a stale spice can totally ruin a dish.
Let’s use olive oil spray, but avocado oil is another good option.
HOW TO MAKE CHEESE-STUFFED MEATBALLS
It’s easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
Divide the ground beef into eight equal portions.
Flatten each portion and place a cheese square in the center.
Wrap the beef around the cheese and shape it into a ball. Make sure the cheese is completely enclosed in the meat.
Dip the meatballs in spices, spray them with oil, and bake.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the best cheese to use in these meatballs?
Classic Italian recipes use mozzarella and cook the meatballs in tomato sauce. They are very good!
Can you use ground chicken instead of ground beef?
The beef ground is much better and recommended. However, If you do opt for chicken, it’s best to use ground thighs. Ground chicken breast is too lean.
How to serve cheese stuffed meatballs?
Let’s serve them with something light like a salad or with a steamed vegetable.
Can you freeze them?
Yes, However, you can keep these meatballs in the fridge in a sealed container for 3-4 days, or freeze them for up to 3 months. Hence, reheat them gently, in the microwave on 50% power.
Stuffed Cheese Meatballs
- 1 lb lean ground beef (85/15)
- 2 oz sharp cheddar, cubed into 8 cubes
- 1 tsp Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide the ground beef into eight equal portions. Flatten each portion into a circle. Place a cheese cube in the middle of each circle. Shape each circle into a meatball, sealing well.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika. Roll the meatballs in the mixture.
- Place the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet. Lightly spray them with olive oil. Bake until cooked through, about 20 minutes. Allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.