Stir-Fried Chicken with Bok Choy is a quick stir fry recipe that takes only 20 minutes to prepare! This Asian-inspired main course stir-fry is full of vegetables and a sweet and spicy sauce, and it’s full of flavor while being light on the waistline!
Bok Choy Chicken Recipe by Rasa Malaysia
BOK CHOY AND CHICKEN
This dish is a healthy Chinese cabbage with mildly bitter white stems and green leaves. They are many ways to cook them, for example, garlic bok choy.
If you go to a Chinese restaurant, the server would usually recommend two or three types of vegetable stir-fry: plain, garlic or oyster sauce.
You choose your cooking styles and then the type of vegetable you like.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
• IS IT SAFE TO EAT RAW BOK CHOY?
Yes, after rinsing with cold water to remove the dirt trapped inside the stems and leaves, you can eat the vegetables. It’s completely safe.
• IS IT A SUPERFOOD?
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s list of 41 powerhouse fruits and vegetables, it ranks number 2 under the label “Chinese cabbage.” It’s a superfood full of vitamin C, antioxidants such as Sulforaphane and Carotenoids.
Stir-Fried Chicken with Bok Choy
- 170 g boneless and skinless chicken breast cut into thin pieces
- 2 tbsp oil
- 226 g bok choy
- 1 pc ginger about 1 inch, peeled and sliced into pieces
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tbsp corn starch
- ½ tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- 3 dashes white pepper
- 1 tsp wine
- ½ tsp sugar
- Marinate the chicken with the ingredients in Marinade for 10 minutes. Combine all the ingredients in the Sauce in a small bowl, stir to blend well.
- Cut the bok choy into pieces.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a wok until the oil becomes hot. Add the chicken and quickly stir-fry until the surface of the chicken turn opaque or white. Dish out and set aside. This step seals in the juice in the chicken so the texture is tender and vevelty smooth.
- Heat up the remaining oil in the wok until hot. Add the ginger into the wok and stir-fry until aromatic. Add the chicken back into the wok and do a few quick stirs. Add in the bok choy and stir to combine well. Transfer the sauce into the wok and continue to stir-fry until the bok choy is cooked but remain crisp. Do not overcook.
- Dish out and serve immediately with steamed white rice.