Melted cheese & fresh herbs make these Low Carb Cauliflower Breadsticks an indulgent treat that is even better than traditional breadsticks!
Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks Recipe by Jocooks
Ready for a simple recipe that’s gluten-free, low carb, and really easy to make? We hope you are because this recipe is a winner and a keeper.
Let us tell you about this recipe. First of all, We have made cauliflower pizza crust before but at that time we felt that there were maybe just too many ingredients in the crust. However, this time we wanted a different easier version. This recipe could not get any simpler.
How to Make Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks
Simply add the cauliflower to your food processor and pulse it a few times until the cauliflower resembles rice. Next, microwave the cauliflower for 10 minutes. Add eggs and cheese, and some spices if preferred, and shape it into your crust.
That’s it! No squeezing the heck out of it to get all the water out, none of that is required and no worries, You will not end up with a soggy crust. Quite the opposite, you will have a nice firm crust. In other words, this couldn’t get any easier.
Can You Make Pizza Crust With This Recipe
This recipe makes 2 pizza crusts. With one we made a chicken pizza, and the rest were breadsticks. The pizza was very simple, we just added some pizza sauce, cheese, and some roasted chicken we had in the reserve.
We didn’t take any pictures because we ate the whole thing in a couple of minutes.
You Don’t Have a Microwave, Can You Still Make Cauliflower Pizza Crust?
If you do not have a microwave, we’d recommend cooking the cauliflower first either in your oven or on the stovetop and then ricing it. However, we find it easier to steam the cauliflower and then rice it.
Is the Cauliflower Soggy?
The cauliflower should not be soggy at all after microwaving it. However, if you find that it is soggy, place it on a few paper towels and squeeze the water out of it.
Can You Taste the Cauliflower Breadsticks?
We find that the cauliflower doesn’t really stand out too much and the crust really does hold together. When you pick up a breadstick or a slice of pizza, it will not fall apart!
The eggs and the cheese is what’s holding it all together! Nothing to worry about!
Low Carb Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks
- 4 cups cauliflower riced, about 1 large head of cauliflower
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese I used a Tex Mex blend
- 3 tsp oregano
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese or more, for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees. Prepare 2 pizza dishes or a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make sure your cauliflower is roughly chopped in florets. Add the florets to your food processor and pulse until cauliflower resembles rice.
- Place the cauliflower in a microwavable container and cover with lid. Microwave for 10 minutes. Let the cauliflower cool just until there’s no more steam coming from it. Place the microwaved cauliflower in a large bowl and add the eggs, 2 cups of mozzarella, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix everything together.
- Separate the mixture in two and place each half onto the prepared baking sheets and shape into either a pizza crust, or a rectangular shape for the breadsticks.
- Bake the crust (no topping yet) for about 25 minutes or until nice and golden. Don’t be afraid the crust is not soggy at all. Once golden, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and put back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Slice and serve.
- If you do not have a microwave, We’d recommend cooking the cauliflower first either in your oven or on the stovetop and then ricing it. Easiest would be to steam it and then rice it.
- The cauliflower should not be soggy at all after microwaving it. If however, you find that it is soggy, place it on a few paper towels and squeeze the water out of it.
- Nutritional information based on 1 cup mozzarella cheese for topping. Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
- The crust can be frozen, already baked, and just thaw it out on the counter or microwave. Or add the cheese and place it back in the oven and bake it for a few minutes until the cheese melts and browns.