We’ve got a wonderful treat for you this holiday season! If you’re looking for something a little unusual, incredibly yummy, and also quick and easy! Lemon- Garlic Baked Salmon Recipe is a recipe full of lemon, garlic and herb crust.
Lemon- Garlic Baked Salmon Recipe by Rebecca Baron
This fish is light and flaky and it only takes 10 minutes to bake. Seriously! Only 10 minutes! We love how it gets a light crust on the outside but stays nice and moist on the inside.
Lemon- Garlic Baked Salmon Ingredients
It is so easy to make and we think the lemon gives it a truly wonderful flavor. Check out the ingredient list and look at how short it is. Eight simple ingredients. If you don’t count herbs, there are only three ingredients.
- Salmon – If possible, wild is always best. It not only tastes so much better, but it’s much better for you. Wild can be hard to find though and is very expensive. The author even like to do this with frozen fish, like the tilapia or halibut that Costco has. Her 10-year-old son makes it often because fish is his favorite protein – so if he can do it, you can do it too! It takes longer to cook with frozen fish though and you can’t do the broil method.
- Lemon – Fresh is always best but lemon from the container in your fridge will work too. The zest gives it extra lemon flavor and adds to the texture of the crust.
- Fresh herbs – Think that fresh herbs are too expensive? Hang them from the bottom of a wire shelf and put all sorts of herbs and flowers on the shelf below. Now we have fresh herbs year-round. For some of the smaller plants, just get a smaller personal lamp and a grow light bulb. You can use dried herbs but since this recipe is so simple we think every ingredient counts and is worth it to get the good stuff for an expensive protein.
- Ghee – We prefer ghee in this recipe because it doesn’t burn as easily as butter and the slightly stronger flavor helps balance out the salmon flavor.
What temp should salmon be cooked?
145 degrees F is the perfect temperature to cook it at so it is just beginning to easily flake with a fork and is slightly translucent in the middle. Check the temperature with an instant-read thermometer.
Lemon- Garlic Baked Salmon
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place all ingredients except for salmon in a small bowl and melt in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.
- Stir until combined.
- Place the salmon fillets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Using a pastry brush, coat the salmon with the lemon herb butter, evenly spreading it over the tops of each fillet.
- Bake, uncovered, on the top or second to top rack for 10-12 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. (145 degrees F)
- Alternately the fish can be broiled on medium/high on the second to top rack for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through. This method will give you a bit more crunchy, caramelized crust. (Place it directly on the pan or use tin foil. Do not use parchment paper or a Silpat for this method.)