Easy and delicious keto chicken drumsticks – the best recipe for crispy chicken drumsticks right from your oven!
Baked BBQ Chicken Drumsticks Recipe by Healthy Fitness Meals
Keto chicken drumsticks are everyone’s favorite at every party or gathering. Whether you choose to bake these chicken drumsticks in the oven or outdoors they will be a huge hit. The drumsticks are seasoned and marinated with garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, smoked paprika, ground ginger, and salt and pepper. They are then baked to perfection before smothering with BBQ sauce. Baked again to get that perfectly tender on the inside and crispy on the outside drumsticks.
Why This Keto Chicken Drumsticks Recipe Is So Good
- Super easy: Nothing much needed but a handful of spices, drumstick, and BBQ sauce. Simple and easy to put together and let the oven do most of the work!
- So tasty: the flavors of the spices used coupled with the BBQ will make these drumsticks finger-licking good!
- Healthy: No oil is needed, you may even take off the skin and cook without it for a healthier option. Look for a low-sugar or sugar-free BBQ sauce too!
- Chicken drumsticks (about 12)
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Chili powder
- Smoked paprika
- Ground ginger
- Bbq sauce
How To Make These Drumsticks
- Mix the spices together: First, in a mixing bowl, add drumsticks, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, paprika, ginger, salt, and pepper.
- Marinate the chicken: Using your clean hands, generously rub the seasoning all over the drumsticks.
Refrigerate to allow the seasonings to penetrate the meat, for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven: Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350F and line a roasting tin with aluminum foil for easy
cleanup, if desired.
- Bake the drumsticks: Then, transfer the chicken drumsticks to the prepared roasting tin arranging them on the wire rack with a little space in between. Bake, in the middle of the oven, for 40 minutes, flipping half time.
- Add the BBQ sauce: When the time is up, remove from the oven and brush each chicken drumstick with BBQ sauce. Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes, then flip the drumsticks and repeat the process once again.
- Enjoy: Finally, serve immediately and enjoy them!
Faq’s And Tips
- Serving size is 2 drumsticks
- You may use boneless and skinless chicken breast for a healthier option a or thighs
- Use your favorite healthy BBQ sauce. You can find some with low sugar or even sugar-free
- Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes. If pressed for time you can skip marinating.
- Don’t forget to bake again after you add the BBQ sauce to get that extra crisp.
- Place leftovers in a container and store in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave when ready to eat or you can bake for 10 mins or so in a preheated 350 oven.
- You can store in a ziplock bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
How Long Does It Take For Drumsticks To Cook In The Oven
Depending on the oven, drumsticks will take a minimum 40-50 minutes at 350-400 F to fully bake. Turn it over halfway through at 25-30 minutes and let it continue to bake. You will be able to tell when they look really crispy and tender to the touch of a fork or tongs. Another way to check is by using a thermometer until it reaches 160F or then the juices coming out of the chicken are no longer pink.
Are Chicken Drumsticks Healthy
Chicken is healthier meat compared to red meat/beef. Even though the thighs, wings, and drumsticks aren’t as lean and healthy as the breast, the drumsticks are fairly low in fat and high in protein when cooked without the skin.
What Do You Eat With Keto Chicken Drumsticks
o much you can eat with drumsticks. The options are endless but we have a few ideas for you that you can check out. Try them with:
- Potato wedges like this garlic parmesan potato wedges or these crispy baked potato wedges
- Something low in carbs like this Cauliflower mash recipe
- Try it with some Homemade Hummus
- Roasted veggies like these Brussel Sprouts or this roasted cauliflower
- How about some salad like this simple Avocado Tomato Salad
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! Pin it and share it with friends and family!
Keto Chicken Drumsticks
- 4 lb Chicken drumsticks about 12
- 2 tbsp Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Onion powder
- 2 tbsp Chili powder
- 2 tbsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp Ground ginger
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 cups Sugar-free BBQ sauce or low sugar
- In a mixing bowl, add drumsticks, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, paprika, ginger, salt, and pepper. Using your clean hands, generously rub the seasoning all over the drumsticks.
- Refrigerate to allow the seasonings to penetrate the meat, for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 350F and line a roasting tin with aluminum foil for easy cleanup, if desired.
- Transfer the chicken drumsticks to the prepared roasting tin arranging them on the wire rack with a little space in between.
- Bake, in the middle of the oven, for 40 minutes, flipping half time.
- When the time is up, remove from the oven and brush each chicken drumstick with BBQ sauce. Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes, then flip the drumsticks and repeat the process once again.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- You may use chicken breast or thighs
- Use your favorite healthy BBQ sauce