This is a tasty way to use leftover roast or steak and get a delicious supper on the table in about a half-hour. The warm, rich taste of this beef mushroom soup is sure to please.
Pressure Cooker Creamy Mushroom Beef Soup Recipe by The Creative Bite
Instant Pot Vegetable Beed Soup:
Growing up we regularly had vegetable beef soup for dinner. My Mom’s freezer was stocked full of all sorts of beef cuts from the cattle we raised and she was always finding ways to use it up.
She usually opted for more of a beef and vegetable stew that had potatoes in it. Because naturally, she had to use up the bountiful harvest of potatoes from the garden as well! Unfortunately for her though, she didn’t have the convenience of an electric pressure cooker.
Low Carb Mushroom Beef Soup
For this particular Pressure Cooker Creamy Mushroom Beef Soup, We highlighted mushrooms and eliminated the potatoes. For some added richness, we thicken the broth a bit and add cream. Who doesn’t love creamy mushrooms!?
Not only do you enjoy the flavor and texture more, but it is also a great low-carb dinner recipe that is perfect for those following a Keto diet. While it might not be full of carbs, it still is wonderfully hearty with the rich meat, loads of mushrooms, and sweet carrots.
What Kind Of Mushrooms Should We Use In Beef Soup?
The beauty of beef soup is that it works well with just about any mushrooms. We really like using a variety of mushrooms to add more depth to the recipe.
We had a small package of Baby Bella mushrooms in my refrigerator, so we added another small pack of simple white mushrooms to get my full pound of the produce.
Whether you have beautiful Portobellos you need to use up or the cheapest mushroom from the market, they will all work great!
Can We Use Chicken Or Vegetable Stock?
If you don’t have beef broth on hand and want to through this Creamy Mushroom Beef soup in your pressure cooker, you can certainly substitute any broth.
Vegetable and chicken broth are both good substitutes. If you don’t have those, you can always use bouillon and water in a pinch. More ideally than bouillon is Better than Bouillon. It is more flavorful than the traditional dried cubes.
Soup is one of the easiest recipes to make in your Instant Pot. Just throw everything in and enjoy your dinner in less than 30 minutes.
Beefy Mushroom Soup
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 lb. beef stew meat
- 6 c. beef broth
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 c. chopped carrots
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 1 c. cream
- ¼ c. flour
- fresh thyme for garnish
- Turn your electric pressure cooker to saute and add the butter. When melted, add the beef and brown for 2-3 minutes. Add one cup of beef broth and stir while scraping the bottom bits up to deglaze.
- Add the remaining beef broth, vegetables, spices, Worcestershire sauce and bay leaf.
- Give a quick stir and place the lid on the pot. Turn the knob to seal and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When the electric pressure cooker beeps after cooking under full pressure for 10 minutes carefully turn the knob to vent. Use a wooden spoon and/or oven mitt to do this to ensure you aren't burned by the steam.
- Remove the bay leaf from the pot and discard.
- Remove one cup of broth from the pot and add the flour to the liquid. Whisk with a fork until smooth. Return the slurry to the pot and stir until the soup has thickened a bit.
- Stir in the cream and serve with fresh thyme sprigs.